ASCII to Database Migration
Migration of productive ASCII tool data to MRL
Continue using the productive tool database built into NX CAM in the Machine Resource Library (MRL). The ASCII2MRL concept migrates your metadata and graphics to MRL.
- Continue using productive tool databases
- No errors as a result of manual transfer of data
- Efficient migration
- Logical migration path from the Technology Manager (TMGR) to MRL
- Uses the MRL classification
More about the module
The module allows the import of productive tool data to MRL. It does not matter whether the data is added manually or using Technology Manager. Mapping the classes and attributes is made easier using a standard mapping table, which can be adapted and expanded as required. There is an integrated export to Excel option to make it easier to bulk edit items such as tool IDs. Metadata and existing graphics can be selectively or fully imported to MRL.
Technical facts at a glance
- Dynamic reading of ASCII classes and attributes
- Dynamic reading of MRL classes and attributes
- Default mapping table available
- Customise the mapping classes and attributes
- Import to MRL
Benefit from JANUS expertise
We have relevant experience of the development of technology managers and technology databases which use the NX CAM native data format. For Teamcenter-based environments, we will support you in the implementation of MRL. We have brought this combined experience to the ASCII2MRL migration concept.